Shirley Johnson, COMET Auckland’s Skills Manager, talked to Radio Waatea about the Science in Society contract, which will be a great opportunity to engage communities with science.
As the programme owner for Whānau Ara Mua, we were delighted to work with Sunday News, which did a great feature on Ariana Timu, a recent graduate of the family learning course. In the article, Ariana explains how developing her literacy and math skills has improved her confidence in the home, fostering stronger relationships with her children.
Please check out the links below for some of the interviews and articles on important education and skills topics:
- South Auckland learners get a boost into science careers – Scoop
- COMET Auckland taking science to the south – Radio Waatea
- Half of homes overcrowded at decile one schools – Radio New Zealand
- Multilingualism a boost to NZ trade – Stuff
- Kids learn better when mums engage in education – Sunday News
To access this article, or to read about more of the projects we are involved in, please click here to check out the full May 2015 Newsletter.